Archive for emergency management
For the second year in a row, St. Lucie County has earned multiple awards from the National Association of Counties’ Achievement Awards.
- Mosquito Control and Coastal Management Services: Artificial Reef/Oyster Restoration Program (Environmental Protection and Energy)
- Environment Resources Department: Controlled Burn Training Partnership (Environmental Protection and Energy)
- Parks, Recreation, Facilities Department / Administration / Workforce Solutions: Green Collar Training Center (Employment / Training for county residents)
- Planning and Development Services / Public Safety and Communications: Planning Online Project Tracking System (Information Technology)
- Planning and Development Services / Tourism: TDC Capital Improvement Grant Program (Community / Economic Development)
- Public Safety and Communications / Housing and Community Services / United Way: Volunteer St. Lucie Website (Volunteers)
To see the details of the awards visit: http://www.naco.org/programs/recognition/Pages/2011AchievementAwards.aspx
There is no time when volunteer resources are more appreciated than in time of disaster. Our hurricane season, quiet until now, is not yet over. Volunteer St. Lucie works with St. Lucie County Division of Emergency Management, as well as with many of our local agencies, to respond to local emergencies or catastrophic events. OUR roll is to refer volunteers who will assist in preparation, response and long term recovery in the event of disaster.
YOUR role is to register now. Be sure you give us clear contact information. Check the appropriate boxes under Job Interests. Give us relevant information in the Additional Information box. Special skills, talents, licenses; equipment you will lend or provide as part of your volunteer services; any other information you think would help us in making an appropriate referral.
THERE’S NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT TO REACH OUT A HAND.